We are a privately-owned utility with a team of approximately 85 full-time staff who provide a safe and reliable supply of electricity to just under 26,500 customers in the Town of Fort Erie and the City of Port Colborne.
Fort Erie has a rich history, with quick access across the border via the Peace Bridge and well-rated trails, parks, schools, restaurants, shops, farmers markets, and beaches!
Port Colborne is a community embedded in marine heritage. This impressive city offers ample beachfront, shops and boutiques, parks and green spaces, and some excellent ship watching.
Our service territory truly offers something for everyone, click here to learn and explore more of what the south coast and neighbouring areas have to offer!Image
CNPI provides a supportive and challenging work environment that accommodates work/life balance while providing a competitive salary and other benefits, including:
- Comprehensive extended health and dental plan for you and your family,
- Retirement Savings Plan with company match
- Competitive vacation package
- Optional life insurance coverage
- Fortis lnc. Employee Share Purchase Plan
- On-going career and professional development opportunities including an Aid to Education Program
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP), available 24/7 via phone, e-counselling, video counselling, and more
- Social Club, fostering a stronger feeling of friendship and community among employees and their families
- Health and Wellness Support Benefit
- Service Awards, recognizing the contributions made by employees for milestone years of service
- Opportunities to work at other FortisOntario locations
- Ability to make a positive contribution to the communities in which we operate
- MUCH MORE!
Our team embodies 7 Core Values into our daily lives across FortisOntario subsidiaries.
Respect For People
Treat others as you would have others treat you. Honesty, integrity, and ethics are never compromised.
Inclusion and Diversity
Create a welcoming environment that encourages and promotes diversity, cross-culture working experiences and strong relationships with our Indigenous communities and partners. Demonstrate leadership and foster a workplace culture where all employees feel empowered to bring their authentic selves to the workplace and do their best work.
Safety and the Environment
Demonstrate a personal, unrelenting commitment to safety and environmental excellence. Protect yourself, your fellow employees, the public, and the environment.
Produce solid earnings, with dividends that meet the expectations of our shareholders. Grow shareholder value through prudent equity investments and business partnerships. Ensure that debt obligations are always met in a timely manner and to the satisfaction of our creditors.
Everyone has customers. Determine your customers' needs by listening. When you can meet these needs, do so; when you cannot, tell them you cannot - or tell them who can. When in doubt about how to treat a customer, do what you believe is right. When serving customers: be pleasant, courteous and accurate; smile, act professionally and enjoy yourself... Attitudes are contagious.
The old sayings hold true. Teamwork is key. Working smarter produces more gains than working harder. Mistakes are costly; get it right the first time. Job security comes from doing your job well, not from what job you do. Remember... if you have a better way to do something; just do it.
Each of us has an obligation to support the communities that support our employer. This means time as much as money. Success is measured by the reaction of community leaders and the opinions expressed by community residents.